Military and Overseas Absentee Voting

Military and overseas voters can use a special process to get and return their ballot. Read the eligibility rules below before you apply. A spouse, parent, sibling or child age 18 and over can apply for you.

Apply for your ballot as soon as you can. Applications are good for one year—apply again each year and each time you change mailing addresses.

Apply for Your Ballot

Mail It Back by Election Day
You must send your ballot back by mail or package delivery, even if election officials emailed the blank ballot to you. Your ballot won’t count if it’s received after Election Day.


  • Uniformed or military personnel and their dependents.
  • Citizens overseas temporarily.
  • Citizens overseas indefinitely (not eligible to vote in state or local elections).
  • Learn more .

Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about deadlines, when to return your ballot and other frequently asked questions .

Track Your Absentee Ballot
Check the status of your absentee ballot — learn when your ballot was sent and if it was received and accepted.

Contact your county election office.